Smart Polymer Composite Materials and Structures is a Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) project. This research experience will take place May 21 – July 27, 2018 at the Louisiana State University. Faculty from the departments of chemistry, mechanical engineering and civil engineering will mentor students. On-campus housing and up to $600 travel reimbursement will be provided as needed. For more information and to apply, please visit the website listed below. The deadline to apply is February 1, 2018.
• Shape memory polymers and self-healing. PI: Guoqiang Li
• Materials science and analytical chemistry. PI: Isiah Warner
• Composite structures and non-destructive testing. PI: Ayman Okeil
• Polymer synthesis and polymer composites. PI: John Pojman
• Polymer characterization. PI: Gerald Schneider
• Modeling of composite materials. PI: George Voyiadjis
• Smart polymers. PI: Donghui Zhang
We especially seek applications from women and groups traditionally underrepresented in STEM disciplines.
The Astronauts Memorial Foundation is launching the first certified educator conference at Kennedy Space Center, [ ]